Organized deliveries to duplicate production
Company X was buying 40k pound of compound A once a month and was forced to pay all at once. They used 20,000 sq ft of their plant space to store the material that they will consume over the course of one month.
PPS now delivers on average 10k of compound A once a week to Company X.
- 15,000 sq ft of space at their plant
- Monthly cost is divided into 4 payments
- Depending on increasing/decreasing demand, Company X can adjust amount or frequency of deliveries.
- In the free space, Company X can put a new machine to duplicate their production.
Storage and transportation savings
Company Y was paying rent for a warehouse 2 miles away from their plant to keep their material. They had personnel and cranes at the warehouse, and had to pay external trailers and drivers every day to bring the material to the plant and to send industrial scrap back to the warehouse.
PPS carries Company Y’s inventory and ships material every day.
- Employees and equipment are concentrated on production
- Eliminated warehouse costs
- Eliminated transportation costs
- Depending on increasing/decreasing demand, Company Y can adjust amount or frequency of deliveries.
Customized containers to save time and money
Company Z has a small production plant. Their machinery can handle the growing production but space was starting to become a problem.
PPS designed and built customized containers to ship and store their material in their parking lot. Company Z uses the material as needed over the course of a fixed period and at the same time can fill it with its scrap daily. On every delivery PPS quickly interchanges the containers.
No lost time unloading the material all at once.
More space in the plant for safe and efficient production, as the material and scrap are stored outdoors in the customized containers.
Money savings as there is only one trip per period for both material delivery and scrap pick up.
Depending on increasing/decreasing demand, Company Z can adjust amount or frequency of deliveries.